- Cooperation in the organization, preparation, and implementation of teaching and research in the “history of technology” department; participation in academic self-administration
- Teaching according to LVVO
- Commitment to the further strategic development of the “history of technology” department, its research projects, and activities
- Research qualification towards a “Habilitation,” with an appropriate project that supplements the department’s key topics
- Focus of interest and expertise on the history of digitization or environmental history (e.g., pollution legacies) is desirable
We are a dynamic team and offer a pleasant working atmosphere. Inquiries concerning the position may be directed to Prof. Dr. Heike Weber.
- Candidates must hold an academic degree (Master, Diplom, or equivalent) and have completed, or be soon to complete, a PhD in history of technology or related fields
- Appropriate research project in the field of the history of technology
- Excellent knowledge of modern foreign languages
- Structured, responsible, and team-oriented working style
- Willingness and skills for interdisciplinary research and teaching projects with humanities and engineering; interest in technical disciplines
- Ability to teach (in English, later also in German)—teaching is part of the Bachelor program “Culture and Technology” and the Master program “Theory and History of Science and Technology”
How to apply
Please send your application indicating the job reference number including the appropriate documentation (letter of application, CV, exposé on your academic compatibility, research plan (ca. 2 pages)) digital (in the form of a PDF file) exclusively by email, deadline July 3, 2020.
By submitting your application via email you consent to having your data electronically processed and saved. Please note that we do not provide a guarantee for the protection of your personal data when submitted as an unprotected file. Please find our data protection notice acc. DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) on the TU staff department homepage or quick access 214041.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.
Please visit this website for additional information.